Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right and FREE Expansion (while supplies last)
Root is a game of adventure and war in which 2 to 4 (6 with the ‘Riverfolk’ expansion) players battle for control of a vast wilderness.
The nefarious Marquise de Cat has seized the great woodland, intent on harvesting its riches. Under her rule, the many creatures of the forest have banded together. This Alliance will seek to strengthen its resources and subvert the rule of Cats. In this effort, the Alliance may enlist the help of the wandering Vagabonds who are able to move through the more dangerous woodland paths. Though some may sympathize with the Alliance’s hopes and dreams, these wanderers are old enough to remember the great birds of prey who once controlled the woods.
Meanwhile, at the edge of the region, the proud, squabbling Eyrie have found a new commander who they hope will lead their faction to resume their ancient birthright. The stage is set for a contest that will decide the fate of the great woodland. It is up to the players to decide which group will ultimately take root.
- The Cats play a game of engine building and logistics while attempting to police the vast wilderness. By collecting Wood they are able to produce workshops, lumber mills, and barracks. They win by building new buildings and crafts.
- The Eyrie musters their hawks to take back the Woods. They must capture as much territory as possible and build roosts before they collapse back into squabbling.
- The Alliance hides in the shadows, recruiting forces and hatching conspiracies. They begin slowly and build towards a dramatic late-game presence–but only if they can manage to keep the other players in check.
- Meanwhile, the Vagabond plays all sides of the conflict for their own gain, while hiding a mysterious quest. Explore the board, fight other factions, and work towards achieving your hidden goal.
While supplies last, you also get the expansion for FREE! The Riverfolk expansion includes:
- A New Core Faction: The Riverfolk
- A New Core Faction: The Druids
- An Extra Vagabond
- Five Custom Card Holders
- Cooperative Scenarios
- Rules for Bot Play
- and Four Additional Vagabond Variants
Root Racoon Plushie (sold separately)
Not included with the above, but available in very limited quantities is an adorable racoon plush based on the racoon in the game! Isn’t he cute?
In Villainous, each player takes control of one of six Disney characters, each one a villain in a different Disney movie. Each player has their own villain deck, fate deck, player board, and 3D character.
On a turn, the active player moves their character to a different location on their player board, takes one or more of the actions visible on that space (often by playing cards from their hand), then refills their hand to four cards. Cards are allies, items, effects, conditions, and (for some characters) curses. You need to use your cards to fulfill your unique win condition.
One of the actions allows you to choose another player, draw two cards from that player’s fate deck, then play one of them on that player’s board, covering two of the four action spaces on one of that player’s locations. The fate deck contains heroes, items, and effects from that villain’s movie, and these cards allow other players to mess with that particular villain.
Boss Monster: Rise of the Minibosses
Looks like there’s a new threat rising in the land of Arcadia: Minibosses! Boss Monster: Rise of the Minibosses is an all new standalone set that can integrate with the previous two Boss Monster Base sets and all previous expansions.
As before, players will build up their dungeon (with graphics inspired by classic videogames) in order to lure in heroes and defeat them before they reach your boss. New mechanisms such as the all new miniboss room cards will power up your dungeon in insidious new ways, and wreak havoc on your opponents’ dungeons.