The popularity of Dungeons & Dragons and role playing games continues to grow, and with it comes an increase in the number of people who want to come play on a regular basis, and the number of new players looking for a taste of the game in action. And we are always looking for Game Masters (GMs) of all skill levels to help run the show!
We are seeking Game Masters in two varieties: Dungeon Masters (DMs) to help run D&D Adventurers League, and Game Masters to run one-shot adventures for any RPG! Our Wednesday RPG schedule has D&D Adventurers League running the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, and the remaining Wednesdays dedicated to open RPG gaming.
On the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays for each month, Dungeon Masters will be running official Adventurers League adventures. These are designed as one-shot adventures that can and often do link up to a current or upcoming storyline. Each is designed to get the session done in 2-3 hours, perfect for our Wednesday evening schedule. The adventures are organized by “tiers” based on the level of the characters (for example, 1st through 4th level characters can play in first-tier adventures). We like to run 3 to 4 tables on each Wednesday, with a variety of tiers represented (but mostly first and second tier). You can learn more about how it all works and download many guidelines on WotC’s Adventurers League site.
Open RPG Gaming
Every other Wednesday will be open RPG’ing. For each of those weeks, game masters can sign up to run a one-shot of any role playing game they choose. It can be D&D, or anything else. It can be a printed adventure or something of your own creation. The only requirement is that it be a one-shot adventure, appropriate for a family-friendly store, and that anyone who shows up is welcome to play. On non-AL days we will have GMs sign up by the Sunday beforehand, then on Monday we will post what games will be played that week, and then players can come and take a spot in whatever they wish to play, first come first served.
Join Our Pool of Game Masters
If you are a current GM or would like to join our pool of GMs (more are always welcome!) we offer the following:
- We will purchase Adventurers League materials for your use (for Adventurers League nights).
- You will be given access to a private Facebook group where you can share ideas and help coordinate which adventures are being run, and when.
- You will have access to an I’m Board staff member who is dedicated to RPG nights and making sure you have the materials and coordination you require. Ideally, we will have enough available GM’s that we can rotate schedules, so you do not necessarily have to dedicate every week to the game.
- You get to run a variety of adventures with a variety of players.
- We would also like to host periodic one-shot adventures just for brand new players, to help introduce the game. This do not necessarily have to be on Wednesday evenings, so if you are able to run games at other times, signup below and add your availability in the notes.
- Every time you GM during one of our official event nights, you will get a coupon good for 20% off any one item. The coupons do not expire and are good for anything in the store (except Used Games and MtG Singles, which we cannot discount).
Sign Up Now!
If you are interested in being a Game Master on Wednesday evenings, please fill out the form below.